Friday, May 25, 2007

No resources ... No problem

I don't have formal sponsorship for the projects that I work on. I usually tin cup for resources. Strange enough, people always seem willing to help! And that's starting to bother me. I am sensitive to the fact that nobody in IBM is just sitting on their hands. So their commitment to support me usually means that they will be working more overtime than they are already. It's sad to see how helping me hurts them.

Common sense tells you not to start a project without a committed sponsor and a formal kick-off after funding and resources are secured. That's why I'm actively trolling for a sponsor who has the political clout, financial resources and interest to properly support my next project. I've tapped my network of friends for long enough. It's time to bring my skunk work projects above board!